Hosts Sara and Michelle update you on the Amanda Knox trial, Berlusconi, earthquake prosecutions and speak with author Pamela Sheldon Johns about her new cookbook Cucina Povera and the influence of post-war Tuscany on its cuisine.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- Italy’s Troubling Earthquake Prosecutions
- Italy’s Sole Calls on Berlusconi to Quit for Good of Country
- Italian Lawyer Calls Amanda Knox She-Devil (update on case); live tweeting: Stephen Robert Morse @morsels for The Daily Caller & Barbie Latza Nadeau with The Daily Beast @BLNadeau
Pamela Sheldon Johns is the author of sixteen cookbooks specializing in Italian traditional and regional ingredients. Originally from California, Johns has lived full-time in Tuscany for over 10 years at Poggio Etrusco, her organic farm/Bed & Breakfast in southern Tuscany, where she teaches cooking and produces an extra-virgin olive oil called “Pace da Poggio Etrusco.” Pamela has coordinated wine and food workshops in various regions of Italy for twenty years through Food Artisans.
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- knoll, outlook, hilltop
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Sara: Sergio Bonelli, creator of Tex, an Italian comic, died September 26th.
- Michelle: Review of Cucina Povera by Pamela Sheldon Johns at Bleeding Espresso
- Deal of the Week:
- See the WhyGo Italy travel deals page for the latest travel deals
Video of the week: