Hosts Sara, Jessica, & Michelle talk about the Italian economy being downgraded, Wikipedia Italia’s blackout, & an award-winning Italian chef working for McDonald’s. Then we speak with special guest Mike Duncan, the host of the History of Rome podcast, about his podcast & his love of Roman history.
Eye on Italy News Stories:
- Spain and Italy Hit by Downgrades
- Wikipedia Italia Blackout in Protest of Proposed Wiretapping Law; EOI podcast with Livia Iacolare about freedom of the press in Italy
- Italy’s Top Chef Lands a Job at McDonald’s
- Permanent Museum to Open at Rome’s Airport
Mike Duncan was born and raised outside of Seattle and has a degree in Political Science and Philosophy from Western Washington University. He is married with two pets and began writing the History of Rome podcast on a whim in July of 2007. He has been chained to his computer ever since.
Fans of the podcast have created their own Facebook fan page: The History Of Rome Podcast Listeners.
Eye on Italy Angolo d’Italiano:
- both history & story (love story)
Eye on Italy Picks of the Week:
- Michelle: Past guest and friend of the podcast Mark Leslie, author of Beyond the Pasta‘s Pumpkin Ricotta Pie – also congrats for appearance on Today Show (video below) for Columbus Day.
- Jessica: iPhone/iPad app, Umbria Slow: Food, Culture & Travel [by EOI alums Rebecca Winke & Alex Leviton]
- Deal of the Week:
Video of the week: